Friday 5 December 2014

All Good Things Came to an End

I had the wonderful opportunity of taking some time off from work and spending the days with my family. Friday and Monday my older sons were in school for most of the day and so the little lad was stuck with me. My husband took some much deserved time off from diaper changes and feedings.

It felt fantastic to come and go as I pleased, rather than being chained behind a desk all day. To sit on the kitchen floor and share a snack with the baby. To watch Blues Clues and hear his joyous squeals. To go for a mid-morning walk with a new friend. To hit up the grocery store sales when everyone else was working. No lines!

I could go on and on.

Back to the office today after a restless night. I'm still not sleeping, even with the new medication. It's probably time I contact Dr. Psych and get yet another RX for that.

It was really hard to leave the baby today. I miss the hugs he sparingly dispensed while I was with him nonstop and the constant shushing of his ever expanding screeches. I laughed so hard, I snorted on more than one occasion. The kid is comical.

Anyhow, it was great while it lasted. I knew it wasn't going to last forever but to get that little glimpse of what life would be like if I could stay at home full time.....

I will say this... If I were at home doing the "mom-thing" full-time, postpartum depression (PPD) wouldn't have reared its ugly head again!

No comments:

Post a Comment