Sunday 7 December 2014

My Teen Is Melting My Brain!

I have a fifteen year old son. I may as well just shoot myself, right? Well, I'm debating doing just that because my brain is melting from all the shit he puts me through.

First, aside from this teen freak, I have two other sons (a little background for my newest readers). I love having all boys. My husband is a student and this semester, has class three nights per week away from home and one online class. It's rough. A lot of rushing around to get stuff done but we make it work!

The teen boy appears to have issues with his mouth when his father is absent from home. Like, he talks back nonstop and questions just about everything that comes out of my mouth.

Over dinner, I like to catch up on what's going on in school. The normal answers I receive are one word answers such as "good", "no", "yes", and an occasional "maybe". Lately, he's been answering my questions with sentences that start off normal but then go up in pitch. You know, like he's asking a question only not, ala Kourtney Kardashian {whom I adore!}. (If you watch Keeping up with the Kardashians or Kourtney and Khloe Take Miami, you know exactly what I'm talking about!)

The level of maturity from said teen is unspeakable.

Punishments are wearing thin for his behavior. Go to your room! Go to bed! Read! (oh how I wish he didn't see reading as a punishment!!) No TV! No video games!

I'm THIS close to taking the phone away at times and I have for a few hours at a time. He gets jittery and goes through withdrawal when he can't text. So tonight, there's a football game at school, which I said he could go to before he started with the attitude last night. I'm so sick of kids thinking that just because you say yes to something, they can now go off into jerk-dome and think they can still attend. I retracted my "yes" last night. Told him he had to earn it and respect me before, during, and after any event in daily living.

So how do you deal with your kids? I'm strongly considering calling my doctor (although I don't know which to start with, PCP, Gyno, Psychiatrist?) and asking for a Xanax prescription. My anxiety level is through the roof!

I realize this isn't much of a post but I'm open to any suggestions with dealing with the anxiety that comes with having a teenager! !

No comments:

Post a Comment