Thursday 11 December 2014

Chicken Francaise {MY recipe}

Today, my first born turns sixteen! When I was pregnant with each of my sons, I ate one dish in particular throughout the pregnancy. The funny thing is, the dish I ate while growing each of them is their favorite today! For my oldest, that dish is Chicken Francaise. We eat this dish so much, I had to learn how to make it on my own. Over the years, I've perfected the recipe and now I'm going to share it with all of you.

Chicken Francaise {Serves 8}

8 Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts {I buy the small package and cut each of them in half width-wise making 8 thin pieces)

1 Cup Flour

Batter {Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well}:

5 Beaten Eggs
2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Fresh Chopped Parsley
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Cup White Wine {Pinot Grigio is fabulous here}
1 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Garlic {I like to grate mine}
1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1 Teaspoon Melted {unsalted} Butter

Sauce:

1/2 Cup White Wine
1 Stick {unsalted} Butter
1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Teaspoon Grated Lemon Zest

Coat the chicken in flour, dunk in the batter and cook in a heated pan in oil {I use olive oil}. Brown on each side, about 5-7 minutes per side. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Now, make the sauce in the same pan! Melt the butter over low heat and add remaining ingredients until combined. Turn heat off unless you want your lemons to turn bitter! Place the chicken in the sauce for 1-2 minutes and serve immediately.


(Borrowed the photo from Google. I've never taken the time to take a picture!)

I usually serve this with a side of steamed broccoli. I know it says serves 8, above but there's no way that happens in my house. Tonight, I'm serving up my son's favorite birthday dinner with a side of mashed potatoes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment