Tuesday 9 December 2014

What's with the blog?

Write about what blogging means to you. Why do you blog? What purpose does it serve you and how have you benefited from sharing a piece of yourself online this way?

When I started this here blog back in June of 2009, I was suffering from Postpartum Depression (PPD). It wasn't pretty. I was just becoming familiar with the world of blogging and I thought it would be a great way to get the thoughts out of my head. Some self healing of sorts.

Little by little, other women who were suffering (or had suffered) with PPD began to contact me. We were all in different stages, pulling each other through, and cheering for one another. To this day, I am still contacted by women from all over the world, asking for my (un-medical-professional) advice. It feels wonderful to have been helped and to have helped others through the illness.

I don't recall when it happened, but one day I got my funny back. Not that I had ever truly shown it via my blog when I was sick. Since then, I've taken the mundane events in my life and written about them here. Funnily (as in, really funny)! I've mixed in some serious topics and reviews along the side.

The short version to why I blog is simple, free therapy. I'd also like to think that I'm pretty good at it. I've met so many great fellow bloggers during my time here and I continue to write just about every day because it's fun. I've dabbled into some short stories, writing exercises and shared silly things about my husband and kids. I'm known as the mommy blogger with a twist of adult humor.

I don't know how exactly it happened, changing the name of my blog, but I knew when I made it official that I was going to be known for it. It originated as "Motherhood is Challenging" (remember, I was in a haze back then) to "2 Much Testosterone". Not too long ago, the spermies were incorporated into the design and the rest is history.

I could sit here and plug a bunch of funny (to me) posts but I won't do that. You know where the archives are! I will leave you with my Twitter handle though..... lotsOspermies. Because that's how I roll, spermie style, YO!

No comments:

Post a Comment