Sunday 30 November 2014

She's the chosen one, I just get to sit here and rot

I read on Facebook today about a friend returning to work after her maternity leave. She was happy to get back to her job. Why couldn't that have been me? Why did I have to suffer at the hands of postpartum depression? Why was I held under water gasping for a mere moment of air? Why?

Why do I continue to battle this, almost three years later? This is me now. The bipolar me. The me who constantly has to shield herself from these horrid thoughts in my head.

Why can't a knight just come along and swing his sword in the air? Can't he just slay this bastard for good?

Why don't I have a knight? Where's my fucking armour? Why does she get to have it and I sit here bleeding from lack of protection?

No comments:

Post a Comment